Class Title: Embellished Knitting
Instructor: Charles Gandy
Overall Skill Category: Advanced Beginner to Intermediate: k, p, k2tog, yo, kfb
Class Description: Here’s a chance to learn numerous ways to enhance your knitted creations thru applied embellishments. From frilly ruffles to bobbles to twists and ripples, I-Cords, special “finger” cords and even beading, we will explore, thru a hands-on sampler, how these techniques can make your projects unique and knitted with personality!
Materials fee: None
Supplies to Bring to Class:
- At least 50 yards of a solid NEUTRAL colored worsted weight yarn. (Please…no acrylic!)
- At least 25 yards of a contrasting color y
- 1 set of DP needles for worsted weight (size 6, 7, or 8)
- 24” circular needles in desired size (Lace pointed needles preferred but not required)
- 1 crochet needle size C
1: On double points using contrasting yarn, CO 5 stitches and work for 10 rows in GARTER STITCH (knit every row). Do NOT BO...but break yarn leaving a 6-8” tail.
2. On another double point needled, using contrasting yarn, CO 5 stitches and work for 10 rows in STOCKINETTE STITCH (knit one row, purl one row). DO NOT BIND OFF - but break yarn leaving a 6-8" tail.
Class Size: Maximum of 24
*The Madison Knitters' Guild has a no refunds policy.*